It’s finally – FINALLY – starting to feel a bit like Spring. We even had a bit of sunshine today, and the snow has just about melted in the shaded parts of the garden. We spotted some newborn lambs on the way home from school on Friday and Easter isn’t too far away.
With that all in mind, I’ve created a Spring Bucket List for Families. These are all ideas of things you can do this Spring – how many can you tick off?
Spring Bucket List for Families
- Plant seeds and watch them sprout
- Feed a baby lamb
- Spot some chicks or ducklings
- Gather some blossom in your home
- Decorate Easter Eggs
- Have an Easter Egg hunt
- Make an Easter Garden
- Go on a bike ride
- Visit a nature reserve
- Eat boiled eggs with asparagus instead of soldiers
- Make Hot Cross Buns
- Make a bird feeder
- Put up a nesting box
- Try a new sport
- Spring Clean your home
- Watch the Boat Race and cheer on your favourite team
- Watch The Grand National and cheer on your favourite horse
- Find a new playground and try it out
- Cook a new recipe together
- Spot a tree that is just about to bud. Photograph it every day for a week and see how it changes.
- Read a book by a new author.
- Try making Blueberry Iced Tea
- Get up to watch the sun rise
- Try to find some tadpoles and watch them grow into frogs
- Make butterfly cakes
How many can you do?
Remember to take photos of all your activities and put them into an album in your family yearbook. You could even create a video.