If you’re following the Spring Cleaning Challenge, this is the final day.
Today, we are going to clean the exterior of our homes. We’re not going to do it all – instead, we’re really going to focus on the most obvious aspects. You will need dry weather to do this, so pick a day when it’s not raining.
What do I need?
Gather your supplies. Today, you’ll need:
- Dustpan and brush
- A few cloths
- Bin bag
- Gardening tools
Exterior Deep Clean: Step by Step
- Set a timer for 20 minutes. Weed the front garden for 20 minutes. Cut back any shrubs that need cutting back.
- Sweep the front path or driveway.
- Using hot, soapy water, clean your windowsills. If you don’t have your windows cleaned regularly, clean the windows too.
- Set your timer for 20 minutes and tackle the back garden.
- Sweep paths.
- Mow the lawn if it’s growing – usually mid-April in the UK.
- Tidy the edges of the lawn, especially around paths.
- Shape the shrubs if they are out of shape. Just some gentle pruning to tidy things up.