If you’re following the 10 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge, be prepared: today is a big one – the kitchen.
I’m not going to apologise; there’s a lot to do here. But we use the kitchen a lot, it gets messy and sticky, and a good deep-clean is probably very welcome.
Remember to declutter as you go. Ask yourself if you need, use and love the objects enough to clean them regularly. If not, get rid of them!
What do I need?
Gather your supplies. Today, you’ll need:
- Dusters (including a feather duster)
- Several wet cloths
- Kitchen/surface spray
- Floor cleaner
- Window cleaner
- Window cleaning cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bin bag
- Towels/kitchen towel/hairdryer
- Cool bag
Hall, Stairs and Landing Deep Clean: Step by Step
- Empty the freezer into a cool bag and put into a cold place. Switch off the freezer and leave the door open.
- Clean the oven – hopefully you put the oven cleaner in last night.
- Put the hob fixtures in to soak if they can be removed.
- Clean the light fittings.
- Work your way around the room focusing on the top units. Wipe them down (including the tops), wipe the doors. If you want to, empty them out, wipe down the shelves and re-stock.
- Clean the cooker hood. You may need to replace or clean the filters – find out more here.
- Clean the hob.
- Clean the windows and mirrors.
- Empty the fridge, wipe down and wash shelves.
- Use the hairdryer/hot water to melt any remaining ice from freezer. Wipe down and wash baskets/boxes.
- Switch freezer back on.
- Remove all objects from the surfaces and wipe them down.
- Wipe down surfaces really thoroughly.
- Work your way around the room focusing on the bottom units. Wipe them down and wipe the doors. If you want to, empty them out, wipe down the shelves and re-stock.
- Wipe down skirting boards and kick boards underneath cupboards.
- Wipe down door handles and light switches.
- Clean sink.
- Put all utensils from surfaces back into place.
- Empty bins, disinfect them and allow to dry.
- Vacuum or sweep floor.
- Mop floor.